Address: 1314 E. Franklin Ave.
Short Business Description: Phillips Library opened in 1890 and was replaced in 1914 by Franklin Library, which continues to serve the Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis. It was the first of four Carnegie-funded libraries built in the city. Franklin was one of 13 libraries developed under nationally known library director Gratia Countryman, who was instrumental in expanding the city’s library system in 1904-36. The library has received historic designation from the City of Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Long Business Description: